Monday, February 05, 2007

Reminiscing About Blog Bastille Day

Almost a year ago to the day, Fafnir wrote:
This year brought us the Blog Revolution, which wasn't that big but moved so fast it went from Blog Bastille Day to the Blog Reign of Terror to the Blog Buncha Ol Fat Guys Talkin About Blog Bastille Day in like a week!
I have this "friend" who has a problem. Perhaps you, dear reader, can help. This "friend" is a pseudononymous blogger--and I use that term loosley since he's been a lazy blogger lately--who happens to work for an academic journal. This "friend" is thinking about soliciting articles and reviews for a section on online criticism. Who should s/he ask? While there were some excellent papers given at MLA, my "friend" wants to address some issues that weren't raised or expand on some that need to be expanded.

This need not be limited to "blogs" per se, but could include all manner of web-only criticism, literary, cultural, or otherwise. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Ahh, Fafblog ... I miss them! When will the evil overlord let them out of their tower?

I don't have names or anything to help you out for your "friend's" special issue, sorry. But I just found out that most of my grad cohort are writing on LiveJournal (which seems to be a separate, parallel world to blog-world) and maybe someone could address that trend? Also, most everything I've seen has been about blogging in English (it being the only language I can read fluently also limits me) but I heard that the vast majority of blogs and websites are not in English ... maybe someone could investigate blogs in other languages?

Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here = web site traffic@simply pet supplies.com. Thanks Again Rob Dog Crates, Dog Toys ( Dog Supplies & Cat Supplies Pet Store, Dog Collars)

Anonymous said...

好秘书 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 中国皮肤网 癌症康复网 工作总结 肺癌 肝癌 胃癌 肾癌 食道癌 直肠癌 结肠癌 胰腺癌 卵巢癌 宫颈癌 乳腺癌 子宫癌 皮肤癌 鼻咽癌 贲门癌 白血病 骨癌 膀胱癌 前列腺癌 甲状腺癌 脑瘤 尿道癌 舌癌 喉癌 牙癌 胆囊癌 胆管癌 外阴癌 阴茎癌 葡萄胎 淋巴瘤 口腔癌 扁桃体癌 睾丸肿瘤 绒毛膜癌 黑色素瘤 癌症 肿瘤 感冒 支气管炎 气管炎 哮喘 肺癌 肺炎 肺结核 打鼾 鼻炎 咳嗽 咽炎 肺心病 肺气肿 鼻窦炎 鼻息肉 扁桃体炎 喉炎 支气管扩张 肺水肿 肺脓肿 肺不张 尘肺病 肺栓塞 鼻咽癌 鼻窦炎 呼吸衰竭 呼吸道感染 呼吸困难 口咽癌 咽部异物 喉癌 喉麻痹 喉头水肿 新生儿窒息 胸腔积液 气胸 胸膜炎 鼻疖 咯血 胸膜癌 急性会厌炎 禽流感 麻疹 风疹 猩红热 百日咳 呼吸机 氧气机 喉梗阻 个人工作总结 半年工作总结 年终工作总结 述职报告 秘书